|Reflexive Pronouns -
myself - yourself - himself etc
Where the action is done BY the subject TO the subject:
- I enjoyed myself at the party.
- Have you hurt yourself?
- The boss and he has just given himself a very large payrise.
- Be careful with that knife or you will cut yourself.
- We helped ourselves to some more pudding.
- He's talking to himself. Is he mad?
Reciprocal Reflexive Pronouns
- He loves her and she loves him. = They love each other.
- They never spoke to each other again.
- They weren't friends but had a lot of respect for each other.
- They both looked in the same mirror and saw BOTH themselves AND each other.
- Do they love each other? I sometimes think they only love themselves.